Group Discussion & Life Challenge
Use these notes as discussion prompts for your group, or in your personal time with God.
Get to know each other. Connect, warm up to each other, fellowship.
Carry each other’s burdens. Share life’s challenges and practice Soul Care. Pray together.
- What other stories from scripture do you know where someone is seeking clarity? What can we learn from these examples?
- Why do you think that sometimes we reject the answers we are given, like the young ruler did?
- Do you have any example from your life where you responded like this young ruler, walking away when you didn’t hear what you wanted?
- Why is it important to seek clarity on how to “be the church” as we navigate being on Mission in our communities?
- Are there things in our small group that we need to bring clarity to? How do we gain that clarity?
- Are you wrestling with any big questions about God, faith, or your mission, that we as a group could discuss and seek clarity on together?
Does anyone need clarity on something? Are there any big God questions you are wrestling with?
Celebrate life’s successes and God’s provision. Worship God’s presence. Time to brag about God.
Through the Bible in one Year
Join us in reading through the entire Bible in one year. Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith, and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length, so it is posible to do. When you use the YouVersion Bible App, you can even have the app read the Bible text to you – very useful when you are in the car or otherwise occupied with your hand.
All you need to do is click the link to the Bible Plan, which should lead you straight to the Bible app. Your two options are now (1) to read the plan on your own, one day at the time. Or (2) you can make it more fun and rewarding, by sharing the plan with one or more friends, and then even “Talk about it”.