Group Discussion & Life Challenge
Use these notes as discussion prompts for your group, or in your personal time with God.
Get to know each other. Connect, warm up to each other, fellowship.
Carry each other’s burdens. Share life’s challenges and practice Soul Care. Pray together.
Dive into God’s Word. Use these discussion questions. Learn from each other’s insight.
- Share a time with the group when you felt some level of persecution in your life. It could be to do with your beliefs but it does not have to be.
- How do you think believers should respond when under verbal or physical persecution? How do you see that being Jesus’s desire for you?– in light of being a temple of the Holy Spirit/Christ follower, my response should be…
- Bryce talked about different ways we can be “battle ready”. Which of those three do you think needs the most work in your life and why?
- What are some other verses in the Bible that would be encouraging to other believers that may face persecution, what verses would you send someone or share with someone who was in the midst of something hard like persecution?
- What is one thing that you could do to be more aware and dependent on the Holy Spirit in your life this week?
Does anyone need clarity on something? Are there any big God questions you are wrestling with?
Celebrate life’s successes and God’s provision. Worship God’s presence. Time to brag about God.
Through the Bible in one Year
Join us in reading through the entire Bible in one year. Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith, and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length, so it is posible to do. When you use the YouVersion Bible App, you can even have the app read the Bible text to you – very useful when you are in the car or otherwise occupied with your hand.
All you need to do is click the link to the Bible Plan, which should lead you straight to the Bible app. Your two options are now (1) to read the plan on your own, one day at the time. Or (2) you can make it more fun and rewarding, by sharing the plan with one or more friends, and then even “Talk about it”.