Group Discussion & Life Challenge
Use these notes as discussion prompts for your group, or in your personal time with God.
Get to know each other. Connect, warm up to each other, fellowship.
Carry each other’s burdens. Share life’s challenges and practice Soul Care. Pray together.
Dive into God’s Word. Use these discussion questions. Learn from each other’s insight.
1. Do you find it easy to worry about the future? What types of things causes you to worry and be distracted over what might be?
2. After Jesus gave this teaching, Judas left, taking his future into his own hands, out of his fear. What aspect of your life and future are you clasping tight? Take a moment on your own to be honest with Jesus, and consider sharing as a group to pray together.
3. Read Mt. 24:4-11, and 23-26, these verses talk about being deceived and led astray. What’s a practical step you can take today to anchor yourself into truth, so you won’t be able to be led astray?
4. If prophecy is meant to impact our lives and values today—what do we need to let go of so we can orient our lives to a future certainty with Christ?
5. Are you proclaiming the Gospel? When was the last time you did that?
6. Spend a few moments reading the following Bible verses on God’s faithful to encourage your hearts and serve as an anchor this coming week: Ex. 34:6, Deut. 7:9, Psa. 36:5, Lam. 3:22-23, Heb. 13:8, 2 Thess. 3:3.
Does anyone need clarity on something? Are there any big God questions you are wrestling with?
Celebrate life’s successes and God’s provision. Worship God’s presence. Time to brag about God.
Through the Bible in one Year
Join us in reading through the entire Bible in one year. Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith, and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length, so it is posible to do. When you use the YouVersion Bible App, you can even have the app read the Bible text to you – very useful when you are in the car or otherwise occupied with your hand.
All you need to do is click the link to the Bible Plan, which should lead you straight to the Bible app. Your two options are now (1) to read the plan on your own, one day at the time. Or (2) you can make it more fun and rewarding, by sharing the plan with one or more friends, and then even “Talk about it”.