Group Discussion & Life Challenge
Use these notes as discussion prompts for your group, or in your personal time with God.
Get to know each other. Connect, warm up to each other, fellowship.
Carry each other’s burdens. Share life’s challenges and practice Soul Care. Pray together.
Dive into God’s Word. Use these discussion questions. Learn from each other’s insight
- Share a favorite Christmas memory, and an “I wish I could forget” memory.
- What thoughts and feelings does the image of the nativity scene bring to you?
- Share what you believe is the significance of this humble beginning.
- Luke 2:5-7 gives an image most likely far from what we consider the perfect start. How might the imperfections/hardship surrounding this story help us today as believers?
- We looked at love for Advent this week. Are you feeling challenged to love others differently or more deeply? How will love for others look this week as you go about your daily life? Consider and discuss the different ways your group could join together and make a difference in one person’s, or one family’s winter by showing Christ like love. Examples would be: prayer, giving, serving with time, watching their kids, spending time listening to them, clearing snow, or driving them where they need to go. It could be any number of things. How will your group be missionally minded this winter?
Does anyone need clarity on something? Are there any big God questions you are wrestling with?
Celebrate life’s successes and God’s provision. Worship God’s presence. Time to brag about God.
Through the Bible in one Year
Join us in reading through the entire Bible in one year. Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith, and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length, so it is posible to do. When you use the YouVersion Bible App, you can even have the app read the Bible text to you – very useful when you are in the car or otherwise occupied with your hand.
All you need to do is click the link to the Bible Plan, which should lead you straight to the Bible app. Your two options are now (1) to read the plan on your own, one day at the time. Or (2) you can make it more fun and rewarding, by sharing the plan with one or more friends, and then even “Talk about it”.