Group Discussion & Life Challenge
Use these notes as discussion prompts for your group, or in your personal time with God.
Get to know each other. Connect, warm up to each other, fellowship.
Carry each other’s burdens. Share life’s challenges and practice Soul Care. Pray together.
Dive into God’s Word. Use these discussion questions. Learn from each other’s insight
- In our text today, we see Zechariah and Elizabeth desiring a child but read that both are in their old age and were without children. This of course changes in our reading as they were blessed with being the parents of John the Baptist. Can you share a time in your life when you desired something that didn’t happen and maybe hope was lost, and then God came through with a plan that was greater than you had ever thought?
- In Luke 1:14, we see the Angel tell Zechariah that they will have great joy and gladness. Describe what joy might look like for them in this answered prayer and news of who this baby will be. Is this more than just happiness?
- In which one of the four topics given of love, hope, joy, and peace, does the world have its greatest pull on you?
- What do our lives look like if we truly believe God offers us greater love, greater joy, greater hope, and greater peace?
- What needs to change in our lives to fully accept and live out the greater love, joy, peace, and hope that we have in Christ?
Does anyone need clarity on something? Are there any big God questions you are wrestling with?
Celebrate life’s successes and God’s provision. Worship God’s presence. Time to brag about God.
Through the Bible in one Year
Join us in reading through the entire Bible in one year. Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith, and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length, so it is posible to do. When you use the YouVersion Bible App, you can even have the app read the Bible text to you – very useful when you are in the car or otherwise occupied with your hand.
All you need to do is click the link to the Bible Plan, which should lead you straight to the Bible app. Your two options are now (1) to read the plan on your own, one day at the time. Or (2) you can make it more fun and rewarding, by sharing the plan with one or more friends, and then even “Talk about it”.