Group Discussion & Life Challenge
Use these notes as discussion prompts for your group, or in your personal time with God.
Get to know each other. Connect, warm up to each other, fellowship.
Carry each other’s burdens. Share life’s challenges and practice Soul Care. Pray together.
Dive into God’s Word. Use these discussion questions. Learn from each other’s insight.
1. Relational brokenness can be so hard, Paul reminds us in Romans 3:23-24 of the reality we are all broken in our sin. Reflect on your own experiences with relational pain. Take a moment and read Psalm 139:1-6 together, ask God to reveal where there is hardness of heart in your life, consider repenting to each other.
2. Do you have any friends struggling relationally? How can you encourage them, and urge them to greater holiness and sacrificial love.
3. What might you need to take out of your life, or add in, so that you are truly living secure in Christ, so you are able to say like Jesus, “I want more for you than from you?”
4. Do I look for permission to be who I want to be and do what I want to do?
5. Do I look to honor God with radical abandonment and disregard of what that cost me?
Does anyone need clarity on something? Are there any big God questions you are wrestling with?
Celebrate life’s successes and God’s provision. Worship God’s presence. Time to brag about God.
Through the Bible in one Year
Join us in reading through the entire Bible in one year. Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith, and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length, so it is posible to do. When you use the YouVersion Bible App, you can even have the app read the Bible text to you – very useful when you are in the car or otherwise occupied with your hand.
All you need to do is click the link to the Bible Plan, which should lead you straight to the Bible app. Your two options are now (1) to read the plan on your own, one day at the time. Or (2) you can make it more fun and rewarding, by sharing the plan with one or more friends, and then even “Talk about it”.