Group Discussion & Life Challenge
Use these notes as discussion prompts for your group, or in your personal time with God.
Get to know each other. Connect, warm up to each other, fellowship.
Carry each other’s burdens. Share life’s challenges and practice Soul Care. Pray together.
Dive into God’s Word. Use these discussion questions. Learn from each other’s insight
- Is there anyone in your life to whom you need to extend forgiveness?
- Are you willing to deal with the mess involved in healing the relationship in order to bring about a new harvest?
- Paul is calling Philemon to have Koinonia (Christian fellowship) with Onesimus. What would it take for you to have fellowship with the person or people that have hurt or harmed you?
- For Philemon to give Onesimus refrigerator rights would have been considered radical hospitality. What would it look like in your home if you lived with radical hospitality? Would it change who sits at your table and opens your fridge door?
- What steps can you take to live this out in your home?
Does anyone need clarity on something? Are there any big God questions you are wrestling with?
Celebrate life’s successes and God’s provision. Worship God’s presence. Time to brag about God.
Through the Bible in one Year
Join us in reading through the entire Bible in one year. Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith, and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length, so it is posible to do. When you use the YouVersion Bible App, you can even have the app read the Bible text to you – very useful when you are in the car or otherwise occupied with your hand.
All you need to do is click the link to the Bible Plan, which should lead you straight to the Bible app. Your two options are now (1) to read the plan on your own, one day at the time. Or (2) you can make it more fun and rewarding, by sharing the plan with one or more friends, and then even “Talk about it”.