Group Discussion & Life Challenge
Use these notes as discussion prompts for your group, or in your personal time with God.
Get to know each other. Connect, warm up to each other, fellowship.
Carry each other’s burdens. Share life’s challenges and practice Soul Care. Pray together.
Dive into God’s Word. Use these discussion questions. Learn from each other’s insight.
1. Take a moment to google photos of Caesarea Phillipi, and then read Matt. 16:13-20. In light of this being a location known as a “gateway to hell”, what new significance comes to mind about Peter’s declaration? How does the landscape interact with the words spoken by Peter and Jesus?
2. Today we don’t have places in Manheim known as a gateway to hell, but we all have areas of our lives that aren’t surrendered to Christ. Where in your own life do you need to declare firmly that Jesus is the Christ?
3. As you think about your group, are you speaking prophetically over each other? Calling each other towards more Godliness? How can you encourage this more?
4. What things in your life might you need to remove so you can be free to truly love others as Christ?
5. To who do you need to proclaim the Lordship of Christ? Be specific with each other as you consider Jesus’ words that you can participate with him in prophetic binding and building the kingdom.
Does anyone need clarity on something? Are there any big God questions you are wrestling with?
Celebrate life’s successes and God’s provision. Worship God’s presence. Time to brag about God.
Through the Bible in one Year
Join us in reading through the entire Bible in one year. Each day of this plan guides you through passages from both the Old and New Testaments, allowing you to see connections between the history of our faith, and the fulfillment of God’s redemptive plan. Readings average four chapters in length, so it is posible to do. When you use the YouVersion Bible App, you can even have the app read the Bible text to you – very useful when you are in the car or otherwise occupied with your hand.
All you need to do is click the link to the Bible Plan, which should lead you straight to the Bible app. Your two options are now (1) to read the plan on your own, one day at the time. Or (2) you can make it more fun and rewarding, by sharing the plan with one or more friends, and then even “Talk about it”.